Personal and Social
Through direct and indirect services, Westview counselors support the personal and social development of students. We attend to each student's individual growth and social maturity, specifically in the ares of personal management and social interactions.
We are here to support students as they need, whether through planned appointments or in crisis situations. Though we do not conduct therapy at school, we work with students on short-term, focused issues. In the can of a crisis, we address immediate needs and help connect families to outside resources in the community, sometimes partnering with our school social worker.
Students are welcome to see their assigned counselor by making an appointment through counselors' YouCanBook.me accounts found in CANVAS. Parents can make appointments by emailing or calling counselors. If you want counselors to speak with an outside provider, please complete a Release of Information to give permission.
Here are numbers to local and national organizations in case of crises:
- Washington County Crisis Line: (503) 291-9111
- Hawthorn Walk-in Center: (503) 846-4555
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Oregon Youthline: 1-877-968-8491 or text: teen2teen to 839863
- David Romprey Oregon Warmline: 1-800-698-2392
* Please be sure to contact your insurance provider before making any appointments with any mental health practitioner. Many insurance plans have mental health coverage for in-network providers. If you do not have mental health coverage, there are options in the community for services.